Monday, June 25, 2012

Kitchen Sink Soap Stand!

A week or so ago I saw this on Pinterest!

Why didn't I think of that? That is so much better than having dish soap, hand soap, dish drain stopper thingies, and scrubbers and/or cloths strewn about the sink.

So I made my own. 

You can check out the original crafter here.
She used a candlestick, painted it green, and then attached a plate to the top. 

I originally got all of this stuff.


Because I couldn't decide if I wanted to make this or this.

or something in-between...

But after playing around with different set ups I decided that I would only use the smaller blue plate and the vase. I saved the other plate and bowl for something else.

I found the plate at Kohls for like $1 and the vase at A.C. Moore for about $1.50. I already had the spray paint at home for another project. 
I chose these colors because they match the color scheme we already have going on in the kitchen with the curtains, artwork, and linens.

The firs thing I did was spray paint the glass vase. It only took a couple of coats and it dried super quick because it is super hot outside. I also sprayed 1 coat of paint on the underside of the blue plate (it was white). 
I then waited {three days} for everything to dry {mostly because I forgot that I left it on the front porch and then it got rained on...} 
I first tried to use hot glue to attach the bottom of the vase to the bottom of the plate but it didn't work too well...I'm not sure if it just wasn't the best choice for attaching glass to plastic or if I just didn't put enough or if I'm just not patient enough.
I ended up using superglue. 
It worked. 


Please ignore the gigantic bottle of dish soap and the mismatched drain stopper thingies.

I still really want to make this. But I don't know what I would use it for...any suggestions?

And I want to make this too.

No comments:

Post a Comment