Saturday, June 23, 2012

My Estate Sale Find...

Today we went to an estate sale in Mars Hill. John randomly found it online while searching for couches...yeah...we don't have a couch...just a bunch of chairs...

Thats another blog...

 We drove out to Mars Hill and then down a super curvy road for about 45678 miles...with me as the navigator...
a job that I am super good at....

John: Whats the next turn?
Me: Ummm this way (pointing) in about a mile or so...
John: Which way is "this" way?
Me: I think I might throw up...

I get car sick if i look over at the radio to change the station...

so picture me in the passenger seat...trying to figure out how to work the navigation system on John's phone...

I forgot to mention...I'm as good with technology as I am navigating.

But despite my technology skills, navigation skills, and lack of skills to not throw up we made it to the estate sale.

There was a ton of really cool antique stuff...and I wanted everything I saw.

I am sure I had an idea for every old thing I saw today...thanks to Pinterest!

I found this beautiful antique door painted turquoise...
I really wanted to buy it and use it as a headboard...
just like this.

I also saw this really beautiful pie safe...that looked a lot like this.
Only it was a lot bigger and white...

And I just spent the last hour figuring that it's called a pie safe. The little metal square things that have pierced holes in them are for ventilation for pies after baking.
I think it was probably to hid food from hungry husbands until it was time to eat. 
Just saying...

There were so many incredible things there!

I bought this really awesome Polaroid camera.


I can't wait to order some film and use it!

John also got a really great reclining camping chair for $5.00!

Dollywood tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment