Monday, July 2, 2012

Blog Challenge Day 2: Your Spouse

Day 2: Your spouse

My best friend.
My everything.
My life.
My love.

I love him more which each day that passes.
I thank God everyday for him.

We went on our first date on Cinco de Mayo, Saturday, May 5, 2006. 
That day...
he was late,
told me I was shorter than he remembered,
there was a hair in my food at the restaurant,
we watched a really awful movie,
and he said "If we were Asian we would make a great couple"
this was in reference to our age difference...
but I didn't really get it.

Oh yeah he also said I made him nervous, which made is lips chapped...
and then later I kissed him.

And we've been together since then. 
 This picture was taken the day of our first date. 


Fast forward 4 years, 4 months, and 25 days.
He asked me to marry him.

Well, he didn't really ask.
Here's what happened.

I came home after an awful day. I had been on a field trip all day to a stinky farm. It rained the entire day and every step was muddier than the last.
I ate lunch in a stable with horses.
Seriously.

I came home and saw John's car in my driveway. I went inside but he wasn't there so I walked up to my parents house to find him...he wasn't there either and neither were my parents. So then I walked up to my Grandma's house. As I'm walking up the stairs I see everyone inside her house scurrying around.

I go inside and they are all acting really weird. My mom makes up some something about thanks for the help moving blah blah blah and John looks at me and says "Let's go eat."
Ok, I do love food....

So we walk back down to my house and he is being all weird and giggly and I think he is laughing at my hair.
{Those of you who know me know my favorite hairstyle...all piled up on top of my head all crazy...so picture that hair on top of a horse poop, rain filled day.}

So I go fix my hair and come back and he is still being giggly. So then I think He must be laughing at my clothes or something. So I'm getting somewhat offended and really confused and he says...

"You asked me what I wanted for my birthday {his birthday was the following day} and I told you all I wanted was you...and that's what I meant."
And then he pulls the ring box out of his pocket. 

{So earlier he had been up to my Grandma's house to show everyone the ring...and my Grandma got it stuck on her finger...}

 Some of our engagement pictures.

Fast forward 7 months and 28 days.
Our wedding day.

It was the most perfect day of my life. I have never been more happy or seen him more happy. I'll be blogging about it later on day 26 of the blog challenge.





Pictures from our wedding day.

Isn't he handsome?

He is an EMT, a Firefighter, a  Special Olympics Coach, a Powerlifter, and a Grad-School Student.

He is an intellectual, a giver, a friend.

He is a spider killer, a bed maker, a goodnight kisser.

He is mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment