Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Day 3: Your parents and siblings

Day 3: Your parents and siblings


My parents.

I have two wonderful parents. They have been married almost 34 years.
I love that.

My parents are two of the most hard working people there are. 
I am grateful that they raised my brother and me to know the difference in right in wrong, to love others, and most importantly in church. 

 My daddy and me on my wedding day.

My dad is a hardworking, southern, Christian, man.
He can build anything with a couple of 2x4s and hammer and nails.
He wears cowboys and wranglers on the daily.
He gets teary when he talks to God.

He is my Daddy.


My mama proud of her completed to-do list.

My mom is the most loving, caring and giving person I know.
She is also multi-talented.
She decorates wedding cakes, quilts, and roofs houses.

She took care of my Great-Great Aunt Stella and also my Grandma Buckner.
They both passed away this year.
My mom was the best care giver.
I'll never be able to repay her for the love she showed for my Grandma, her mother-in-law and my Aunt, her Great-Aunt in law?

She is my mama.


My brother.

I am six years older than my brother but despite the age difference we are still close. 
He was my man of honor at my wedding and I loved having him standing with me.

He is best described by Eric Church:

I wear a greasy ball cap
I like my shirt untucked
I spend Saturdays working on my truck
I don't like to fight
But I ain't scared to bleed
Most don't mess with a guy like me
Cause' guys like me drink to many beers {Mountain Dews} on friday after work
Our best blue jeans have skoal rings
We wear our boots to church
So rough around the edges...

You get the point.
He is a firefighter, an EMT, a produce delivery truck driver.

He is my brother.

I am so blessed to have such a wonderful family.

No comments:

Post a Comment