Sunday, July 15, 2012

Day 13: Friends

Day 13: Friends

I have amazing friends.
Be jealous.

My most special friends are these precious girls.
 Krystal, Rachel, Me, Hanna, and Monica on my wedding day.

 My Hannah.
Hannah and I met at Gardner-Webb University my sophomore year. We first became friends in an Elementary Art class.
Hannah was so good at painting, and crafting, and ....
{yeah...not so much}
We bonded by laughing at her projects.
The next year we became roommates and best friends. 
When thinking about our friendship the one moment that stands out to me like no other is when we were still newly roommates...
We were in the kitchen of our apartment and there was some leftover pizza crust on the counter. I'm not sure if we had already eaten the pizza or what..I don't really remember.
But I do remember that we were there talking {about how much we hated Gardner-Freaking-Webb, I'm sure} and she started picking at the pizza crust...
Then she took a bite...realized what she had done...looked at me...and waited...
I then picked up a piece...at ate some too...
at that instant we knew that we could be best friends because we are both gross. 
{The pizza wasn't like a week old or anything...so don't go judging too much!}
You know I love pizza!
We've made so many memories together and I cherish our friendship.
I miss you Hannah!

 Rach.
Rachel and I have been friends for a long time... we grew up in church together...and have been friends since we were about 8 or so.
When we were kids and teenagers we spent a lot of weekends and summers together.
Rachel is now a wife, a mother {to two beautiful girls}, and still a great friend.
It's so nice to know that even after all of these years we still have one-another.
Love you Rachel!

 The {second}favorite granddaughter, Monica.
Not my granddaughter, my cousin...but she is delusional in her thinking that she is the favorite granddaughter.
We all KNOW who that is.
Monica has been a role model for me my entire life. I can remember watching her fix her hair, do her make-up, and do whatever else was cool in the 80's {haha} and wanting to be just like her.
We have had lots and lots of fun times together such as: winning at Taboo, winning at Cranium Wow, winning at Smart Ass...we do lots of winning in this family.
I am so thankful that I have her as a cousin, a role model, and a friend.
She is a great wife, mom, and Christian woman.
I love you Monica, can't wait for the beach...and to win at some board games!

Classy Krystal.
Krystal and I met our freshman year at Gardner-Webb University...we lived in the same dorm building but didn't become good friends until later.
We also bonded over Hannah's lack of art creativity. 
{sorry Hannah}
Krystal and I had lots of classy moments together...
hanging out at Ink Link...
Combos...
and skipping class...
Oh how I miss her.
She is such a good friend that I even introduced her to John's friend Shane.
And now they are married
and have a little Bean.
We miss you guys so much and can't wait to see you again!
{They moved :(}


 My Lena.
I don't have a picture with her on my wedding day because for some odd reason my brother didn't think my PERFECT wedding was an appropriate second date...
{Shows what he knows...}

Lena has been dating my baby brother for a little over a year now and I LOVE her.
I am so lucky that God has brought her into our family and I hope she stays around for a long time.
She is so sweet to my brother, always gives great hugs, and is my friend.
Love you!

I am so very blessed to have such great friends in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment