Monday, July 2, 2012

Day Zero Project

Ok. I'm gonna do it...
Day Zero Project...

Remember? I posted about it here a couple of weeks ago. I have my list of 101 things ready and I'm starting today! Since I'm starting this project/list today, Sunday, July 1, 2012, I should have everything finished in 1001 days on March 28, 2015. And if I don't...that will be okay too. I promise not to be overly obsessive compulsive, to get upset if something doesn't go as planned, and to celebrate the items I cross off the list.
I've broken the list up into categories:

Family & Friends
  1. Make a baby.
  2. Have a baby.
  3. Make another baby.
  4. Have another baby.
  5. Create one new family tradition each year.
  6. Call my Grandma Ellison more.
  7. See and talk to my parents more.{They live next door...this shouldn't be too hard}
  8. Plant a tree in remembrance of my Grandma Buckner. {She passed away this year and my wonderful coworkers gave me a gift card for Home Depot for this very reason}
  9. Put flowers on my grandparent's graves. {Grandpa Buckner, Grandma Buckner, Grandpa Ellison, and my Great-Great Aunt Stella}
  10. Do stuff with friends and/or family more.
  11. Do something really nice for my parents' 35 anniversary. {September 9, 2013}
  12. Call an old friend.
  13. Make a new friend.
Properties & Possessions 

14. Buy or build a house.
15. Trade in my two door car for a four door car. {For babies}
16. Buy something from an antique shop.
17. Buy a lottery ticket.

Creed & Conviction

18. Read my Bible from cover to cover.
19. Tithe regularly and faithfully. {!}
20. Make time for prayer and devotion.

Reading & Reflecting

21. Read every book I own but haven't read.
22. Keep a journal or blog about the books I read.
23. Keep up with The Happiness Project Journal.
24. Write a note of encouragement, thanks, or praise once a month.
25. Keep blogging.
26. Christmas Cards. {I'll actually send them out!}
27. Do all the crazy puzzle books I have.
28. Read the newspaper more often.
29. Start working on a children's book.
30. Write a hand written letter.
31. Expand my vocabulary. {Maybe a word-study Wednesday?}

Health & Habits

32. Meet my Weight Watcher's goal. {Before or after having a baby or babies}
33. Drink more water.
34. Complete the Couch-to-5K running program.
35. Run a 5K.
36. Try Zumba.

Creativity & Crafts

37. Plant a garden.
38. Learn to sew.
39. Quilt a quilt.
40. Learn to play a musical instrument. {Piano or Guitar?}
41. Do something crafty every week.
42. Sew a dress.
43. Sew a skirt.
44. Create a time capsule.
45. Refurbish a thrift store find.
46. Do all the puzzles we have.
47. Cut down our own Christmas Tree.
48. Build a Snowman.
49. Reupholster a piece of furniture. {I have the perfect piece in mind!}
50. Make homemade Halloween costumes.
51. Take a crafting class. {from A.C. Moore, Michael's, or Joann's.}

Adventures & Activities

52. Go on a vacation.
53. Go to a drive in movie.
54. Go on a picnic.
55. Go Somewhere spontaneous. {I'm planning to be spontaneous...}
56. See a play.
57. Hear a live band.
58. Go fishing.
59. Watch the sunrise and sunset in the same day.
60. Ride in a hot air balloon.
61. Use a passport.
62. Fly a kite.

Home & House

63. Establish a cleaning routine.
64. Stick to said routine. {!}
65. Make Brie a better home outside of our home.
66. Go through all of our stuff and get rid of what we don't need.

Eats & Entrees


67. Try at least one new recipe per month.
68. Try a new restaurant.
69. Try a new food.
70. Take a cooking class.

Finances & Funds

71. Learn the art of couponing.
72. Pay off at least one student loan. {I calculated...it can be done!}
73. Keep putting a percentage of each pay check into savings.

Pictures & Portraits

74. Do a 365 photo day challenge. {I love Instagram!}
75. Make a wedding album. {Yeah...I still haven't.}
76. Do an Instagram Challenge.'
77. Take a photography class.
78. Make a pregnancy book.
79. Have family pictures made at least once every year.


Giving & Getting

80. Keep Volunteering.
81. Nursery duty at church.
82. Donate blood.
83. Cut and donate my hair to locks of love. {For the third time!}

Living & Loving

84. Have one night a month for John and me with no technology. {TV, DVD, XBOX, Wii, Laptops, Phones, Kindle...}
85. Kiss in the rain.
86. Have dinner by candlelight.
87. Take a trip for just the two of us.

Teaching & Training

88. Do something fun for student birthdays. {Ideas are welcome!}
89. Write a grant.
90. Start National Boards.
91. Start Grad School.
92. Brush up on Spanish.
93. Brush up on ASL.

Me & Myself

94. Take more bubble baths.
95. Get another tattoo. {!}
96. Grow out my hair.
97. Get a massage.

Gatherings & Get-togethers


98. Have a gender reveal party to tell the sex of the first baby.
99. Have a gender reveal party to tell the sex of the second baby.
100. Have game nights.
101. Throw a super fantastic celebration when John graduates from grad school. {December 2012!}

I'll do my best to keep the list updated with items marked off for completion and items italicized for in the process of being completed...

No comments:

Post a Comment